The Beadle County Office of Emergency Management is responsible for preparing the county for possible disasters from preparation, response, recovery, and mitigation of future disasters. The office is Beadle County's liaison to the State of South Dakota Office of Emergency Management. The office is responsible for the reporting of SARA Title II hazardous chemical inventories in the County, flood plain administration, and the organization and upkeep of various county emergency and recovery plans. The Office includes the following divisions:
- Beadle County Storm Spotters
- CERT Team or Community Emergency Response Team
- Beadle County Search and Rescue Dive Team
- Beadle County Emergency Operations Center or EOC
All of the above-listed divisions of the Emergency Management Office are staffed and / or run by volunteers including the Huron Amateur Radio Club (CERT and Storm Spotters). Volunteers are specifically needed for the EOC and CERT Team. For more information on these great ways to give back to the community please contact the office. The contact information is listed at the top of the page.
County Fire Chiefs
- Ron Hines - Huron Rural Fire Chief
- Colton Olivier - Wessington Fire Chief
- Lucas Jungemann - Wolsey Fire Chief
- Phil Oechsle - Hitchcock Fire Chief
- Josh Kogel - Cavour Fire Chief
- Byron Adkins - Iroquois Fire Chief
- Tornado Fact Sheet
- Winter Storms
- Did You Know Fact Sheet
- Homeland Security
- Citizen's Corps
- West Nile Virus Information
Want to make a difference in your community during a disaster? Want to be able to help your family and neighbors during and after a disaster?
Become a CERT Team member! If you are interested and a Beadle County resident check out the FEMA website about CERT teams.
Call 605-353-8421 to become a member of Beadle County CERT Team One.